Y. Joon Coe, DDS, MSD, MS: General dentist & Prosthodontist, Dental Education
Dr. Coe grew up in Seoul, South Korea and Chicago, IL. He inherits the legacy of a dental family – his father is a prosthodontist and an alum of the prestigious University of Chicago, while his uncle and brother are both running highly successful dental practices. Most importantly, his lovely wife is also a heavily credentialed dentist, and the business companion of this practice.
Unlike most dentists, Dr. Coe is certified in 3 different specialty areas in clinical dentistry. He attributes the motivation behind this passion as “to become a better, all-around clinician” that can better serve his patients. He likes hobbies that can inspire him with artistic senses: music (acoustic guitar), aromatherapy, cuisine, and theme travel around the globe.
Dr. Coe enjoys outdoor activities through mountain biking, hiking and tennis.
Education & Credentials
- DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) degree: Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea, 1997
- MSD (Master of Science in Dentistry) degree: Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea, 2000
- Certificate: Operative Dentistry, Seoul National University Dental Hospital, Seoul, South Korea, 2000
- Certificate: Endodontics, Seoul National University Dental Hospital, Seoul, South Korea, 2000
- MS (Master of Science) degree: University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA, 2006
- Certificate: Prosthodontics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA, 2006
- Military service: Republic of Korea ARMY (2000-2003)
- Full time faculty: University of Iowa, College of Dentistry (2006-2011)
- Full time faculty: Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Dentistry (2012-2017)
Professional Memberships & Organizations
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Virginia Dental Association (VDA)
- American College of Prosthodontists (ACP)
- American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics (AAFP)
- American Dental Education Association (ADEA)
- Reviewer, Journal of Prosthodontics
Julie Coe, DDS, MBA, MS: General Dentist and Dental Public Health Specialist
Dr. Julie Coe is very excited to join DIVA Lansdowne and create DIVA Mobile. She provides patient care focused on general family dentistry, prevention, and orthodontics.
Dr. Julie Coe started treating patients in 1999 then advanced her skills in business administration and operative dentistry/public health. Then, she has taught future dentists and other dentists at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry.
She published numerous peer-reviewed scientific articles and received national and local awards and grants. She holds a couple invention disclosures for her creation for newly designed software and an air flow device for cancer patients. She also devoted her time in serving a number of committees in dentistry and communities at local, regional, and national levels.
As a strong believer of life-long learning, she has received an average of over 30 continuing education every year to keep her knowledge and skills state-of-the-art. Her patients follow Dr. Julie Coe for her personalized and dedicated care.
In her spare time, Dr. Julie Coe enjoys being active outside with her family and friends and traveling all around the world. She loves to talk with you to learn about your culture and experience and become your supporter/advocate for your life-long oral and overall health.
Education & Credentials
- DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea, 1999
- Certificate: Orthodontics and worked in private practices
- MBA, MHA (Master of Business and Health Administration) University of Iowa, 2007
- Worked for UIHC Hospitals, Methodist Hospital, HCT Consulting
- MS (Master of Science) and certificate in Operative Dentistry and Dental Public Health: University of Iowa, 2011
- Diplomate Dental Public Health Specialist
- Full time faculty: Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Dentistry
- Dentist: Dental Innovations of Virginia